All this and still no word from the prime minister, "where is he?" people are asking, well apparently he is on a plane to Africa. The country is sinking in a mire of sleaze, top people are resigning their positions and other high profile people are being arrested all over the place and not a peep out of Cameron, instead he suddenly catches a plane to Africa (apparently), you just could not make this story up!
This is not the first time he has done this, the last time was when Libya was boiling over and hundreds of our nationals were stuck inside the country with no way out.
- Our Foreign Secretary William Hague was acting hormonal and making bizarre untrue statements about Gaddafi and saying that anyway he (Hague) was due to catch a plane to Washington that night.
- The Defence Secretary Liam Fox was seen down the pub drinking with his mates.
- The Health Secretary had all but privatised the NHS causing uproar
- The Home secretary, Theresa May hadn't got a clue who was where or what was going on.
- George Osborne was in hiding refusing to answer questions on our flagging economy
- The Prime Minister was off on an arms selling tour with his arms dealer mates, using his influence in hawking arms to small Arabic countries.
- And our Deputy PM, Nick Clegg had actually forgotten he was in charge of the country and anyway someone else would have to do it because he was off on holiday at 3pm, leaving the country unattended.
Rebekah Brooks is a close friend of Cameron's and was arrested on charges of phone hacking and corruption, she admits to paying off police officers in the past.
Sir Paul Stephenson's position as Commissioner of the Metropolitan police became compromised today when it emerged that not only had he dined several times, with the Murdochs, Brooks and Coulson but
the crisis over hacking engulfing News Corporation began to turn toxic for Stephenson on Thursday after the arrest of Neil Wallis, who was the News of the World's deputy editor under former No 10 aide Andy Coulson and during the period when it is alleged phone hacking was widespread at the paper. Hours after Wallis was arrested, it emerged that he had worked for the Met.
Not only all of this, it turns out that Sir Paul also received £5000 worth of free accommodation at a luxury health spa in Tring where Neil Wallis is hired in a position of PR.
In a further deepening plot, Sir Paul has clearly pointed the finger at David Cameron.
"In potentially toxic remarks for David Cameron, Stephenson said he had not mentioned Wallis's appointment to protect Cameron: "I did not want to compromise the prime minister in any way by revealing or discussing a potential suspect who clearly had a close relationship with Mr Coulson.
"I am aware of the many political exchanges in relation to Mr Coulson's previous employment – I believe it would have been extraordinarily clumsy of me to have exposed the prime minister, or by association the home secretary, to any accusation, however unfair, as a consequence of them being in possession of operational information in this regard."
Where is the prime minister? Why isn't he here taking control of this situation? This is deadly serious we have a situation were trust in the police is at an all time low and the British Pm has gone and got himself compromised by becoming too heavily involved with News International.